Referral Specialist (SRF # 357)Location: Amman
- Project Background and Context
Under the existing partnership with UNHCR, IMC aims to implement a project seeking to improve the secondary and tertiary healthcare status of displaced Syrians in Jordan in Azraq and Zaatari camps through the establishment and management of a referral system.In Azraq camp, IMC will aim to continue case identification and management of emergency, non-acute, and elective referrals within and outside the camp. The scope of work includes coordination of transportation, exit permit, coordination with referral hospitals and focal points.In Zaatari camp, the intervention will aim for initiation and management of emergency, non-acute, and elective referrals within and outside the camp, including coordination of transportation, exit permit and coordination with referral hospitals and focal points. With full coordination with referral hospitals and focal points expected to commence from November 1st.Tasks:To ensure timely finalization of the preparatory works required for the set-up of the referral system, IMC aims to hire a consultant which is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Support in establishing the agreements with the private affiliated hospitals
- Conduct key person interviews to understand the referral component, including gaps identification, needs, and opportunities to improve.
- Develop staffing structure and job descriptions for the staff. Collect and analyze the current data to shape project staff needs in cost-effective and efficient way.
- Initiate and lead the recruitment process of the new referral staff during the month of November and December 2020.
- Review documents that will be used by doctors, referral officers, hospitals and donor. Identify and develop necessary documents that could facilitate and improve referrals processes.
- Advise and guide to establish guidelines to manage referrals at different levels starting from initiating referrals, claiming process, and settling invoices at hospital levels.
- Work closely with the health informatics department and field team to fine-tune the information management system for the referrals.
- Support to write the internal SoPs, guidelines and protocols for referrals and claims processing, following up and management.
- Conduct induction sessions/trainings for new referral staff on existing systems, materials, and work processes.
- Lead the handover process with UNHCR IPs’, and attending all relevant meetings to the referral project.
- Contribute to the development of service agreements between International Medical Corps and selected private and MoH in Jordan
- Guide the medical team to develop the staffing structure, job descriptions, hire qualified candidates, build and review the criteria and the referrals SoPs, pathways and processes
- A report addressing the potential challenges and risks IMC might face during the program implementation, driven from the key person interviews, and the consultant previous experience in the field, and specific recommendations to overcome the challenges.
- Provide the support to finance and logistics teams to streamline the processes between IMC departments.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Bachelor Degree in one of the medical specialties
- 10 years working in a Health Care industry and medical services companies in both field referrals/approval and claim processing and management.
- Familiarity with the Jordanian health (Hospitals, centers) market and tendering process.
- Previous consultancy experiences in similar field is an asset
- Excellent project management and team building skills
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills in English language
- Job Location
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Medical & Healthcare Equipment
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 10
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma