The Specialist Procurement works closely with the Senior Specialist Procurement on all the procurement processes and procedures, supporting the Senior Specialist in monitoring contracts and their progress by ensuring cost effective deals with vendors, and transparent procurement strategies in line with agreed procedures ensuring processes.
• Assists in the selection of appropriate suppliers and contractors, to promote good procurement practice sustainability, ethical purchasing standards and whole life costing and ensuring adherence to ISO 9001:2008
• Participates in internal and external meetings and promote procurement best practice
• Takes an active lead in the introduction, development and implementation of E-Business solutions within the organization
• Reviews vendors and proposed projects ensuring they bring value for money to the Company.
• Reports findings and progress and makes recommendations as and where required to support a change of policy
• Carries out the duties relevant to the role in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity and shows due respect for all employees and users of the department’s services, in accordance with the Company Procurement Policy
• Prepares Request for Quotation, enters quotes, makes purchase orders on Oracle or such other system in use from time to time
• Manages and updates price agreements and approved vendors list ensuring that the latest information is captured and always up to date
• Prepares the operating budgets, inventory management, and purchasing objectives for review of the Senior Specialist
• Manages the petty cash and credit card purchases by monitoring and tracking of invoices
• Organizes and minutes the Company Tender Committee meetings
• Prepares monthly reports, Service Level Agreement reports, and other reports in a timely manner as required
• Undertakes the tendering, evaluation, placement and monitoring of a portfolio of corporate contracts.
• Participates in negotiation of contract terms on a range of central contracts and to monitor performance against these contracts
• Prepares all internal and external contract approval documentation, and complete all activities required to expedite internal and external approvals
• Develops and maintains a variety of logs, contract files and records pertaining to contract-related issues, prepares periodic and special reports as needed, and maintains all contracts
• Operates within a structured environment reporting to Senior Specialist or his designated staff
• Works according to established policies, procedures and Company Procurement Policy guidelines
• Completes assignments or reports for the review of the Senior Specialist
• Works and operates as part of the Company Procurement department within a multinational, multicultural environment having a high level of positive interaction with clients and employees of a wide variety of backgrounds
• Operates within objectives and internal policies to achieve goals and targets
• Takes the freedom to deal with all procurement and administrative issues arising; would refer to management when necessary to brief them on serious or repetitive issues or cost impact
• Handles safeguards private/ confidential information
• Always uplift Company’s image with Company’s tenants, Company’s firms and Company’s subsidiaries, stakeholders and other departments by being professional in behaviour and dealings
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration or other related discipline.
• Minimum Experience: Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in supply chain management, logistics or procurement.
JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS
• Familiar with tendering process, contracts etc.
• Strong understanding of tendering services and requirements
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Strong relationship building skills with internal and external stakeholders
• Proactive and ability to solve problems or issues promptly
• Solid ability to deal with numbers
• Good negotiation skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Influential and persuasion skills
• Solid decision-making skills and critical thinking
• Solid planning and organization skills, ability to multitasks and work on various projects at the same time
• Ability to analyse data and represent facts, findings and ideas appropriately
• Problem solving skills
• Computer skills including ERP (e.g. Oracle, SAP, etc)
• Very quality-focused, able to use quality management methods, tools and techniques to create and support an environment that meets the needs of the organization
• Committed to continuous improvement, committed to actively pursuing ongoing efforts to improve performance and increase one’s ability to fulfil requirements
A leading Financial Organization in Qatar.