• Ensures that the quality of engineering, procurement, construction, installation of new equipment, modifications and repairs for onshore plant and offshore facilities is meeting the requirements of Codes, Standards, Specifications and Company Policies and Procedures.
Key Job Accountabilities (Max 10, each unique, exclude generic)
• Prepare and review Policies and Procedures of Plant QA/QC Section, e.g.: Gas cylinder Inspection, Portable Tank Inspection, Valve testing, Lifting Lug Welding & Inspection etc. and assist in revision/ updating of the same on time including support for various other QA/QC Procedures.
• Monitor the activities of Asset QA/QC Inspectors, Contract hired Engineers/Inspectors and NDT Technicians is in compliance with procedure requirements and perform the supervisory function at the level established for the position.
• Planning for carrying out metallurgical failure analysis on failed plant and offshore components and review the reports with respect to cause of failure for further recommendations.
• This involves coordination and execution of activities at the plant through Contractor.
• Perform QA/QC related activities for procurement of material/ equipment.
This involves purchase requisition reviews, technical bid evaluation, appointment of TPI and material receiving inspection at warehouse.
• Prepare, review and approve as applicable all repair instructions, WPS/PQR, WQT, QA/QC reports, generated by QA/QC Inspectors.
• Ensure that the QA/QC requirements are implemented during the execution of the job.
• Develop new welding procedure for company. Review and approval of Inspection/Testing Procedures (PWHT, NDT, Pressure Testing etc.) of other service provider.
• Participate and provide necessary inputs for Asset & Shutdown meetings, Lessons learnt, FRA, EMOC and RCFA from QA/QC perspective.
• Review and provide technical input on the SOW for Maintenance contracts related to repair/modification works, performing Technical Bid evaluations, review/approve all Contractor documents and ensure compliance to QA/QC requirements during execution including shutdowns.
• Performing technical audits as per annual schedule on suppliers and contractors Quality Management systems and prepare the Audit reports.
• Plan and ensure timely execution of inspection and certification of Gas Cylinders, Portable Tanks and Lifting Equipment as per QA/QC section KPI.
• 6 years of experience in QA/QC activities for Oil and Gas industry.
• Knowledgeable in the QA/QC activities of pressure vessels, tanks, piping fabrication, welding, NDT & Auditing.
• Proficient written and spoken English.
• Computer literate.
• Good interpersonal and essential Leadership skills to manage the relationship with key stakeholders.
• Data analysis and reporting skills.
• Ability to work as a delegate to Senior Plant QA/QC Engineer and provides required guidance and technical support to the team.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Metallurgical Engineering.
• Additional professional qualifications in welding, NDT, Inspection, Audit and Painting/Coating
Qatargas is a unique global energy operator in terms of size, service and reliability. The Company operates 14 Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) trains with a total annual production capacity of 77 million tonnes. This makes Qatargas the largest LNG producer in the world.
Established in 1984, Qatargas develops, produces, and markets hydrocarbons from the world’s largest non-associated natural gas field. In addition to producing LNG, Qatargas is also a leading exporter of natural gas, helium, condensate and associated products.
Today, Qatargas continues to set the benchmark in the LNG industry as it safely and reliably supplies energy to customers all over the world.