The HSE Officer is responsible for reviewing and implementation of the Port safety activities. Responsible for providing advice on various Port’s safety aspects to the Port vendor’s and personnel, and for encouraging them to pursue safe work practices and to maintain safe conditions at the Port. Investigates and prepares reports on accidents with emphasis on prevention and/or recurrence.
Reports to the Port QAHSE Manager and coordinates with other members of Port staff. Ensures that safety inspection reports are disseminated to the QAHSE Manager and the COO, and that reports on accidents involving fatalities or serious injuries are compiled and furnished through the Port Department to the concerned RC/MSC Departments.
Major Activities Performed:
• Conducts Port site inspections with the other safety personnel on a weekly basis or as required; and reviews the report site with the QSHSE Manager and other RC/MSC Safety Manager and/or Safety Engineers.
• Sees and recognizes job hazards and notifies the concerned Port personnel and/or manager/officer of unsafe situation, practices or conditions at the Port site.
• Investigates all Port site accidents, identifies elements of the accident and unsafe conditions and acts, and determines root cause/reason for the accident and steps to take to prevent recurrence.
• Participates in the training of Port’s safety staff on safe work practices.
• Prepares reports on Port’s safety violations and distributes the reports to the concerned QAHSE Manager.
• Provides initial safety indoctrination to the Port’s personnel prior to any work progress.
• Assists Port’s personnel in preparing their safety activities and ensure safety measurement at the port is implemented.
• Participates in the safety audits through the review of Port safety records, practices and procedures.
• Develops safety checklists to be used for periodic inspections, accident investigations, no-notice audits of Port’s Safety Program, and other recurring events.
• Saudi national with Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or related field, Construction Management, preferably in Engineering with (5) years of experience working on safety field in construction management.
• A certificate on safety field (NEBOSH) or internationally recognized safety profession is preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
• Strong knowledge of computers skills and basic software applications: MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint presentation skills.
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.