• Designs and implements an overall risk management framework for the organization in line with Bank’s Risk Management Charter.
• Implements and periodically reviews the risk management policies and procedures and ensure they are in line with the Board’s risk appetite and the regulatory framework.
• Ensures adequacy of risk management processes, systems and staff skills.
• Ensures that the bank’s risk management capabilities are sufficiently robust and effective to fully support its strategic objectives and all of its risk-taking activities.
• Identifies and evaluates any gaps in the risk process on an ongoing basis and recommend any corrective actions to close these gaps.
• Promotes a strong risk culture in the organization and building risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training.
• Ensures adequate system tools are in place to capture, monitor and report Risk management activities.
• Manages the department functions effectively and efficiently as a team.
• Training and mentoring of risk management staff.
• Reviews and closes internal audit/external audit and CBB inspection comments pertaining to the department and also review audit reports for all units.
• Supports strategic initiatives of the bank by providing risk management advice.
• Liaising with IT and external vendors to ensure that adequate systems are in place to effective manage risks of the bank.
• Ensures that Bank’s Risk Management framework is aligned to CBB’s rule book requirements.
2,500 to 3,500
per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• 7- 10 Years overall experience
• Bachelor’s degree with reference FRM/PRM/IRM.
• CFA,FRM or PRM preferred memberships
• Based in Bahrain
• Experience in financial or investment institutions
• Proven experience as a Risk Manager
• Knowledge of risk assessment and control
• Experience with auditing and reporting procedures
• Familiarity with industry compliance standards and regulations (e.g. Occupational Safety and Health Act)
• Strong computer and research skills; knowledge of analysis software is preferred (e.g. Statistical Analysis Software, or SAS)
• Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties.
We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more.
Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering