Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of medical diseases and conditions, as well as the provision of medical care in the field of Speciality / Subspeciality, in accordance with the current medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations and the Hospital’s policies and procedures.
• Undertakes the administrative duties assigned by Head of Section or Chairman of the department
• Participates in all mandatory departmental activities and serves on Departmental and Hospital committees and other administrative functions as required.
• Assists the department in the development and implementation of techniques and practices that help maximize the utilization of all resources within the department and across the KFSH&RC (Gen. Org.)
• Abides by the current hospital and medical staff bylaws, all relevant rules, regulations and policies and keeps updated of any changes that might occur.
• Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
• Provides high quality patient care in all aspects of Critical Care according to his / her approved clinical privileges.
• Provides consultation (inpatient and emergency room) upon request and responds in a timely manner within the prescribed timeframe as outlined in KFSH&RC (Gen. Org.) policy.
• Responsible for timely completion, competencies, accuracy and legibility of the medical records.
• Provides on-call services and ensures availability and response time within the prescribed timeframe in accordance with Hospital policy
• Conducts daily morning rounds to identify patients ready for transfer / discharge. Ensures that transfer/discharge orders are written 24 hours prior to discharge/transfer.
• Performs any other clinical responsibilities related to the speciality, as assigned
• Provides orientation, bedside training and supervision to junior staff as assigned
• Participates in department’s educational activities and training programs of the department. Partakes in national and international medical conferences
Participates in clinical, basic and translational research projects in accordance with Research Advisory Council Policy in order to advance knowledge, improve the quality of post graduate education and contribute to the national and international recognition of KFSH&RC.
Preliminary Requirements for Candidates
Graduation from an accredited medical school in good standing, completion of required period of postgraduate training in a specialty and/or subspecialty with Arab or American Board or Canadian/UK certification or equivalent. Sub-specialty training and certification (if applicable) is required.
2) Clinical Experience
Seven (7) years of training in speciality or subspeciality plus postgraduate training experience must be equal to or exceed seven (7) years’ experience in the subspeciality.
The King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre (KFSH&RC) is a 985-bed tertiary/quaternary care and referral hospital with facilities in Jeddah and Riyadh in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It is the national referral and research centre for oncology, organ transplantation, cardiovascular diseases and genetic diseases and we provide treatment for everything from minor to complex and advanced medical conditions for Saudi Arabian nationals. We hold Joint Commission International (JCI) accreditation as an Academic Medical Centre, and American Nurses Credentialing Centre (ANCC) Magnet designation. We are recognized as one of the leading healthcare organizations in the Middle East.
The Riyadh Hospital was established on land donated by King Faisal and was opened by King Khalid in 1975 with a current total land area of 920,000 square meters. We employ over 10,000 employees coming from 63 different nationalities.